Sunday, March 16, 2008

I finally did it!!!

I've created a blog! I've been reading other blogs and I find them fascinating. Hopefully mine will be the same.

Yesterday I did quilt for National Quilt Day. I finished a UFO which was a BOM from Joanns. I also started to work on another BOM from Great American Quilt Company from 2004. It is a Patriotic Sampler that was their Saturday Sampler. I can't find the finishing instructions for the BOM. I've sent an email to GAQC in hopes that they can send me another finishing instruction. If not, then I will have to figure out a way to set it.

A little bit about me. I'm married to my high school sweetheart. Our marriage is like a fairy tale. Although we were high school sweethearts, we broke up in college and married others. I married Roy, the father of 3 of my children. And he married Karen, the mother of his two boys. I also married Danny (after Roy's death) and together we adopted my 4th child, his niece. After my divorce from Danny (in 2001) and his from Karen (in 2000), I ran into his father in Ocala. We hadn't seen each other since 1988 (after a chance meeting at Home Depot) and didn't see each other again until 2003. I called him in October 2003 and the rest they say, is history. We've been together ever since and got married on 2/22/2008.

I'm a law clerk at a small law firm in Orlando. I graduated from law school in 1999 but never passed the bar. So, I went to work full time at Joann Fabrics in order to take care of my kids. I just recently left that job and went back into the legal field. I'm going to attempt to take the bar exam again sometime down the road.

Okay, that's enough for the first post.

3 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations Pati, good to see you here!

Ms. Jan said...

Hi Pati,
I'm glad to see you in the blog world and doing well. I'm glad that life has been good to you and look forward to keeping up with you in the future.
jan, formerly of visalia ca now in santa rosa, ca.

Pati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.