Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I.S.T.H Finished


I've finished the piecing of my February Schnibbles, I.S.T.H. Hopefully I will have it quilted before I receive the March pattern in the mail. I haven't ordered March's pattern yet, so maybe, just maybe!

I didn't intend to copy Miss Carrie's quilt on the cover of the pattern. But I'm making a series of patriotic quilts to go along with the decor in my home. It was just a coincidence, honest! My new home, when I eventually move, is going to be red, white and blue. You see, I'm a very patriotic person. My dad served in Vietnam and I have the flag that draped his coffin. It is in a flag box that will sit in my living room. I also have a velvet scroll that shows the country of Vietnam, that he sent to my mother when he was over there. My Father-in-law served 22 years in the U.S. Air Force. Red, white and blue in various shades also reminds me of the ocean (lighthouses, sand and sea). So, that is why I've chosen those colors. Anyway, I digress.

Miss Carrie used American Banner by Minick and Simpson and I've used Prairie Paisley II by Minick and Simpson. So, its not a complete copy!!

I can't wait to see March's quilt!

2 comments:

Kay said...

I think your version is stunning. Great choice!

Helen L said...

Beautiful quilt: and you are done!! I'm feverishly working on my AYOS to get it done today!! And I was wondering, I saw your post on Sherri McConnell's blog and was wondering if you could tell me what your "small square project" refers to? Thanks so much!! Helen in Healdsburg, Ca