Friday, December 30, 2011

A Year, Really???


Its been a year since I last blogged. Where did the time go?

Well.......I still haven't finished that quilt. I'm almost done, but not quite. Just one more border and the binding and it will be done. I've put away everything else and I'm working on just that right now.

I moved back into my parent's house. My husband moved to Tampa where he has a job. I'm still in Orlando because I have a babysitting job 3 times a week that I will not give up! I love the time that I get to spend with my grandson.


I changed jobs......went back to substitute teaching at the junior high school I went to 33 years ago. Its really weird to walk into a classroom as the teacher where I once was a student.

I haven't lost that weight that was one of my goals for last year. So, it goes back on the list for this year. And this year I'm gonna knock it off.

And, I didn't pass that dreaded bar exam again. My BIL unexpectedly passed away on February 16th.....just 7 days before the bar exam. So, that kinda threw me off track right at the end of the study period. I'm going to try again in July 2012.

My goals for this year include:
1) Start running again. I would love to work towards a marathon in February 2013. That will be my 50th birthday and I would love to complete one then. And of course, running will also take care of the weight problem as long as I start eating better!
2) Finish up some UFO's. I have 2 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts that are in pieces and parts. I would like to finish both of those this year.
3) And there are some more personal goals that I'm working on. One of which is to be more of a blogger!
I promise it won't be so long between posts next time! Thanks for sticking with me!




1 comment:

Karrin Hurd said...

Good hearing from you Pati! I'm going to be better about blogging too!